Wednesday, July 29, 2009

peach cobbler

Peach Cobbler
adapted from Take a Little Thyme

1 stick butter
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
dash of salt
1 cup whole milk
3 cups peaches sliced with skins removed or other fruit

Preheat oven to 350*
Melt butter in a 9"x 13" pan on stove.
Combine butter, white sugar, flour, baking powder, and milk to make a batter.
Pour batter over melted butter.
Combine peaches and brown sugar.
Pour fruit and brown sugar mixture over batter.
DO NOT STIR.
Bake for 1 hour.

Serve with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. 4 boxes of sweet, juicy peaches arrived at my house today. They are little peaches and at first I was thinking...man...these will take forever to put up. Now I'm thinking...man...peach cobbler sounds so divine.

    Too bad the oven heats up the whole house!! I'll have to get up earlier or stay up later and get some made, though. I won't be able to resist for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peach cobbler, you are making me hungry! I need to take the kids to pick peaches, we did it one year at Hubers and they were the best peaches ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That oven thing always gets me.

    Kim- the Bardstown road farmer's market on Thursday, today, has amazing peaches!

    ReplyDelete