Tuesday, July 21, 2009

broken camera...

My dog ate my camera battery charger, so here is something I made a few weeks ago along with a recipe.


The Most Amazing Pasta Sauce Ever
My mom told me about this recipe over the phone and I have been wanting to try it forever. I think it's originally from the Silver Palate. Maybe?

Ingredients:
1 onion cut in half
1 28 oz. can tomatoes (I used about 3 really large tomatoes from the farmer's market, cored and cut up in hug chunks. You can remove the skins if you would like by placing the tomatoes in a bowl and pouring boiling water over them and then peeling them.)
1 stick butter

Melt the butter in a small heavy pot. Add the onion, cut sides down. Add entire can of tomatoes or cut up tomatoes and a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter. Simmer for about 45 minutes. Season to taste.

I served this over really good meat ravioli from Lotsa Pasta. I think it would probably be good with just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment