Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Squash Galette and Blackberry Buttermilk Cake

Thanks to one of my very best friends, I was reminded of the blog Smitten Kitchen. It's great because it is seasonally and farmer's market inspired, so it makes my life easier in terms of grocery shopping. I did have to buy a lot of non-farmer's market cheese, but it was well worth it. It's also vegetarian, which makes me feel better, despite the massive amounts of dairy products involved. I did not write out the whole recipes below because I changed very little.



(I used summer squash and about 1/4 cup more ricotta and definitely use really good parmesan as it adds a really nice saltiness that isn't overpowering)


(I used blackberries)
I will definitely make another one of these before the week is over. It is so light and delicious. You could use any fruit. The sprinkling of sugar before it bakes adds a bit of a sugary crunch once baked.




2 comments:

  1. I love summer squash, but can never find a way that Diana, Katie and Becca will eat it. I am definitely going to try this.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about you make a few of these for me and ship them to Grand Junction ;) Miss you cousin! Hope married life is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete