Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to be Happy, Damn it.

It seems like every direction I turn there is something about being happy and how to get happy. It's winter, what do they expect? Winter makes people unhappy. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that I actually might "get happy" if I was doing something about it. Number 1 - Exercise is better than prozac. Number 2 - Write down what I'm grateful for. Number 3 - Do something creative.

1. I'm going to yoga this morning and I went to the gym yesterday.

2. I'm grateful for...
  • the 19 three, four, five, and six year olds I see almost every day.
  • my family
  • my friends
  • clean laundry
  • when it snows in winter
  • sparkly things
3. Be creative...



1_bluebellgray


5 comments:

  1. Oh em gee! Do you know that you gave me a book in high school called "how to be HAPPY, dammit? It's a square orange book and I still have it. Any way, hope you are doing well. And happy! ~Kai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I totally stole the title. I found mine in a box my mom sent me. It's a pretty cute book. Do you still have yours? Love the name. :) I miss California sunshine in the winter here, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, hope my name isn't polluting your blog. It just never went away. I do have the book and it's cute - some of the stories ring pretty true. I miss everything about California winters. I hate the cold, the snow is very rarely pretty here and i hate the cold (did i already say that). Spring can't be too far away....at least i hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I love the Spring, so maybe it makes it worth it. Your name will never pollute the blog. It's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're on the right track. Attitude is everything! (And the winter can't possibly last forever. Can it??)

    ReplyDelete